Greetings again! Here, summer is already merging into fall as the temperatures drop into the 40s at night. It's been an amazing summer in so many ways. Two new foals have been born, both little fillies, and now four incredible KuneKune pigs have joined my life but in other ways it has been a winter, spring and summer of hardship and learning.
Growing up did you ever hear the phrase "God Helps Those Who Help Themselves?" My Mother would say this constantly if I wanted something or started whining. This phrase is ingrained into my psyche but as I slid into a bleak depression this winter, I totally forgot about action. I've been faced with many life changing obstacles and for someone who can't stand change, I've been overwhelmed and in despair. "What to do?" has been the main theme humming in my brain as I've gone about my chores and worked with my animals and lost myself for hours watching my Facebook feed. But the answers have eluded me and I would jump from one thought to the other in a never ending, self defeating circle. Every day, multiple times a day, I prayed but I think I was expecting God to answer my prayers by changing my life without me ever having to do anything.
Life is hard and difficult choices have to be made. There's no easy way out except to walk through that pain and push on to the other side. And I've realized without hope and enthusiasm and a joy of life, I'll never keep digging that pit of despair deeper and I won't be able to climb out.
I'm putting my thoughts into action. One tiny step at a time. God has given me all the answers and support I need and now I need to help myself with Him at my side.
I'm going to start writing again. I know at first it will feel awkward but that's okay. I have to start again somewhere.
I will cherish what I have at this moment and not worry about what I may lose tomorrow or what struggles are in my future. Here and now, I will act.
I want to add that depression is a serious medical condition and if you feel you need help, please seek it out. I have had the guidance of a therapist (no, I'm not ashamed to admit it) and wonderful friends who have been there to listen.
And to leave you on a positive note, I'll share a picture of one of the horses in my pasture. As always, thanks for visiting me.

4 comments:
Your horse is lovely.
I pray that you will feel the healing, love, strength and peace of God flowing through and surrounding you at all times.
FlowerLady
Sorry to hear you are dealing with so much depression. Hope you can find your way out and experience the joy God wants for you. All I can recommend is to get into the word of God which says nothing about God helping those who help themselves. It does say in John 14:4-5, Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
I sure hope things go well for you, been following your stories and some are very inspirational...you are a writer.
Thank you Flower Lady, Karen and Anonymous. I appreciate your comments so very much.
Post a Comment